Corporate social responsibility (CSR, also called corporate conscience, corporate citizenship or responsible business)is a form of corporate self-regulation integrated into a business model. CSR policy functions as a self-regulatory mechanism whereby a business monitors and ensures its active compliance with the spirit of the law, ethical standards and national or international norms. Wikipedia
The Corporate Social Responsibility is a commitment that we have been promoting for many years with different organizations in order to benefit society with our corporate actions.
Our involvement is guided by Respon.cat, an organism committed to CSR that wants to involve companies and organizations sensitized to social responsibility. Its objective is “to promote a qualitative and quantitative improvement “of CSR in Catalonia as a “strategic and cultural factor of companies”. In this meeting space, organizations seek collaboration between companies to generate an optimal CSR in each of the sectors in which we are working to develop social projects that are as ideal as possible for society and Catalan reality.
Once the interest groups have been identified where applying Social Responsibility, affecting workers, customers, suppliers, the sector or society as a whole, we can develop policies that provide value in different areas. For example, as Martina explains, accountable for the RSC strategy of Amat, “it is now an ideal time to take advantage of Amat’s generational replacement to adopt a new model of leadership adapted to the new way of understanding reality (economic, social, political, etc.) of today. ”
We want to continue working on:
- Innovation with the ultimate goal of differentiating the company from the companies of the sector, always in accordance with our values, both in terms of paying attention to people.
- Improving technological tools with the aim of continuing to focus on transparency and improve the available information and attention to both the client and the providers.
- Boosting the good working environment and employee involvement.
- Transmit and evaluate the values of the organization as well as continue working on work conciliation and promoting human capacities in the workplace.
On the other hand, we want to continue with active participation in the community by supporting institutions and groups of civil society in the geographical areas in which we are present, as well as promoting culture among the different interest groups. That is why we collaborate actively with various organizations:
- Aura Foundation, for the inclusion in society of people with intellectual disabilities.
- Aprenem Association, for the inclusion of people with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Seur Foundation Collection of stoppers, to help children by recycling plastic stoppers.
- Red Cross Youth, Collection of toys, no children without a toy during Christmas.
- AECC donations, with the installation of tables on the street for the collection of donations.
- Special Territory, sponsoring the sports event in San Just in 2017.